2013-09-10

Why you do not see a lot of posts from me, but much plussing and some commenting

Why you do not see a lot of posts from me, but much plussing and some commenting

Richard Green has put me into his engager circle again and I am running out of articles I could link to as reply. He probably put me there because I plus and comment on some of his articles, just like I do on others. On the other hand I do not post too many articles by myself, partly because often there is not much I would like to post publicly or I find worth posting, and partly because of a song.

Holger Biege - Sagte mal ein Dichter.wmv

The song is by Holger Biege, in German. In it he mentions how a poet once claimed that to have lived a meaningful life, a man should have planted a tree, written a book and conceived a son. But...

What about all the trees nobody waters, the books nobody reads and the children nobody cares for? Wouldn't it make sense to water existing trees, read existing books and care for existing children instead of adding one more nobody cares about? These are the questions the song raises.

When you look at posts in your stream, you will see that many have no plus, no comment. One reason may indeed be that there is no content worth plussing or commenting. But could another reason perhaps be that we think it is more important to post than to read other posts? Unfortunately, if everyone thinks that way...

So I plus and (sometimes) comment. Not only do I plus what I like, but also what I think may be important or should remain, even though it may not be my personal interest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycXLW6QD0K0

No comments: