2013-12-20

Marzipan cookies


Marzipan cookies

I had been looking for a recipe where something with marzipan goes into the oven (instead of adding marzipan later). I have to make my own marzipan, and usually with water, so I can't keep it as long as the one you can buy (not here).

This is pretty simple, but easily results in rather brittle cookies:
150g marzipan
150g butter
80g sugar
250g flour

I guess I will try adding an egg next time, this time I only used one to wipe some of the cookies before baking. The recipe said making them about 3mm thick, and it helps to stay at that thickness, because this dough is a bit sensitive. I started at the advised 180C, but of course that was too much, so I ended up near 150C.

Pretty simple, but fun. And they do indeed have a marzipan flavour.

No comments: