2013-01-04

I am not sure if I am the right person to start such a community, since I do not consider myself a gender equality...

I am not sure if I am the right person to start such a community, since I do not consider myself a gender equality activist. For me women are the same human beings as men - just a bit prettier.

I do not really care whether a woman does a job/task or a man - if they are committed to what they are doing, they should do fine. If they are not, gender does not really matter. I have met people of both genders who are really into electronics and are good at it, and I have met people who were told by their parents to choose this field, without actually having any interest. The result is equally bad for both genders.

The same applies to cooking: Not every woman can really cook. If she never was interested in it - no chance. But you can find men here on G+ who are excellent cooks. So, all those cliches are pretty boring and I do not actually care about them.

But I also have to say that I am not very sure whether this community will fulfill a purpose. It started with me joking about it, but since some people responded in a somehow serious manner and nobody else was probably going to do this, here we are.

However, if there is no sign of interest/activity, I think I should delete this community after some time.

No comments: