2013-01-14

*"More spammers on approach vector, Sir!"

*"More spammers on approach vector, Sir!"
"Close all hatches! Sound the alarm! Prepare to repell boarders!"*

I don't know about you, but for me spam on G+ is increasing at an uncomfortable rate. I am circled by more and more people who only post links to blog/website articles, never reply to comments etc. Usually they link to the same site again and again, and usually it is something I have not the slightest interest in. I mean, I can accept a casual bike accessory post, but this...

I am not interested in watching other people do sports, not at all. So if someone wants to introduce the NextSportStar to me, my response is rather dull. I also do not need furniture available in a country a few thousand kilometres away. I do not need attorney help, especially in another country. And I am not interested in Indian films.

I tried reporting those people in the beginning (not a person), but I am not sure if that really helps. Plus, now they have become a bit smarter and after five spam posts they may insert one or two reshares, usually photos. Still no reply to comments, never, but they try to pretend to look like a regular user.

Does anyone know of the success rate to get those people banned through reporting? And how do you handle them? I hope this kind of spam will be reduced when identities can be confirmed - but that means giving up a bit of anonymity for some of us, using a real name...
#spam  #spamming

No comments: