2016-01-14

Oh PayPal, what is this nonsense?

Oh PayPal, what is this nonsense?

There is an official PayPal mobile app in the Play Store. Problem is: not available in Taiwan. So you will probably think: Ah well, that means the service is not available there. But it is.

So I contacted their support: Hey, you got that app in the Play Store, but it's not available in Taiwan. Can you tell me why?

I went through three reps, all telling me: I'm sorry, I've checked and I saw the app is currently not available in Taiwan.

Really? Thank you, I almost hadn't known that, it was merely the reason I contacted you in the first place.

The third rep, with a no-reply address, then was so kind to explain that PayPal needs more time to gather more resources before they can enable access for Taiwan.

Wow. More time, for more resources. I had been under the impression that a developer only needs to push a mouse around and select which countries will have access and which won't with a mouse click, but apparently PayPal is doing that selection with huge boulders, hence the need for time and resources.

Seriously, if anyone knows or can think of a reasonable explanation for this, please let me know. All I can think of is not the least bit reasonable...

#rant #paypal

No comments: