2016-05-15

I brought part of my Ghibli collection together.


I brought part of my Ghibli collection together. The top row is purely Totoro: the small white Totoro and the dust bunny on the left edge are connected and meant to be used as hair binder for ponytails, the slightly larger dust bunny next to them can be hung somewhere. The green Totoro behind them is a regular plush figure.

The two identical grey Totoros are slippers. Yes. I had other slippers before, but gave them all away, these are the only ones now. The slightly larger grey Totoro in the back is a pillow, the dust bunny has a suction cup and the Totoro in the front is a set meant as mobile phone holder, but from before smartphones. The green Totoro on the right is a small shoulder bag.

Second row is mixed, with a Totoro plush home on the left. Yes, you can open the door. Ponyo was bought when the film came out, she's rather hard to find now. The cat bus I've had pretty long, I also have a smaller one. Somewhere. Gigi is always relatively expensive, the one on the right edge has magnets and can stick to a fridge.

Third row starts with my second largest Totoro on the left. A student sold this one on a campus flee market. This Gigi has cost as much as my biggest Totoro - or as the Porco Rosso on the right, which was a lucky find. I've never again seen one in any store. The Gigi on the right is again for windows, equipped with a suction cup.

As I said, this isn't everything. But from my point of view it's actually not that much... I do for example have nothing from Nausicaa. I've seen her rifle at the Ghibli museum store, but it was way too expensive. Sigh...

#Ghibli

No comments: