2016-05-15

Potato Roses

Potato Roses

I think everyone has seen the gif that recently made the rounds, with instructions for making these. Having moved somehow recently, my kitchen was not yet fully operational, but I wanted to try this.

My potato slices are rather thin, so I need more. I also had no other mold and forgot to add butter or oil. And I have no Kevin. Yes, it's that bad.

So these ended up being vegetarian before they ended up being eaten by me. Next time I need to add some butter and maybe sprinkle some cheese over them. I also need smaller molds, so that a rose can be eaten in one bite, otherwise it may fall apart.

Btw, I used one potato for these three, starting from the right. The left rose has therefore fewer petals.

Conclusion: Do it! Really, just do. It's nice.



18 comments:

Hilbersdorfer Museumseisenbahner said...

Sieht gut aus.

Olaf Fichtner said...

Hilbersdorfer Museumseisenbahner schmeckten auch ganz gut, vor allem mit Pfeffersauce. Die naechsten werden noch etwas besser.

Bea Errnutobe said...

Cool. And crispy! ;-)

Ilona Fichtner said...

Wow

Gator Nipper said...

Amazing: we really can play with our food  :-) Cute idea. Here, I don't have patience; I'd rather spend less time preparing foods so they can be eaten sooner  ;-)

Appliantologist said...

why not just use an onion ring instead of a form?

Olaf Fichtner said...

Gator Nipper well, it's also for decoration, as party snack etc. If I have all ingredients and tools and have done this at least twice, preparing a bunch of them shouldn't take too long.

Olaf Fichtner said...

David Stickney the gif suggested a ring of bacon (which I don't have), but still used a mold to keep things in shape. It's probably safer.

Olaf Fichtner said...

Michael Schuh Oh they were pretty good actually, just need to make them smaller. I had to buy a few things before I could do this, including condiments. But the oven was ready, one of the first things I did.

Rania Linderman said...

Looks good!

Olaf Fichtner said...

Rania Madanat the next batch will hopefully look even better, I'm still a bit away from the result in the gif.

Rania Linderman said...

Olaf Fichtner i haven't seen the gif. lol I'm probably the only one who hasn't seen it.

Olaf Fichtner said...

Well, now everyone has definitely seen it, no excuse not to do it. Really, this is a pretty easy one once you have everything. And it even works without Kevin.

Appliantologist said...

Olaf I will try it, I will tag you in the pics

郭莉盈 said...

這個花不會破掉嗎?

Olaf Fichtner said...

郭莉盈 不太適合帶走,最好在現場吃。所以就是party食物或在家裡送的小禮物。

郭莉盈 said...

那你學會了嗎?😁

Olaf Fichtner said...

郭莉盈 有。下次會再改善一點。