2017-05-07

Mamma Mia!


Mamma Mia!

I had to do rather extensive exam practice with my pupils the last two weeks, something they didn't really like. One form of protest was to exclaim "Mamma Mia" when I handed out another set of test forms. Someone probably saw it in a film and liked it.

What they didn't expect was a song with the same title. So when I scheduled a short break after another test run I plugged my tablet into the amplifier wreck in that room and regretted not having taken photos of their faces then. Thanks, ABBA...

https://youtu.be/unfzfe8f9NI
(Sorry, it's Vevo...)

4 comments:

Rob Bonewitz said...

I wish I'd had a teacher that thought of making a lesson out of a break. Different meaning and usage of words is such an important thing to understand. 😁

Ralph Stoever said...

Did they reply in a chorus; Monye, money, money?

Olaf Fichtner said...

Rob Bonewitz it wasn't that much a lesson, just tried to relax them a little. Another song I often need is from Yello. When I issue a test form and they all shout "Oh no!", then Yello supports me in my "Oh yeah!"
https://youtu.be/6jJkdRaa04g

Olaf Fichtner said...

Ralph Stoever nah, they don't know ABBA. But I think I must have played that one too at least once.