2018-10-08

8kg of gingerbread - almost, there are still pieces elsewhere.

8kg of gingerbread - almost, there are still pieces elsewhere. I will however need to distribute this to two boxes, otherwise the pieces at the bottom will be pressed into one layer by the weight of the pieces above as soon as everything starts to get softer.

I was pretty quick this time, with a cycle of only eight minutes it took me a little more than five hours to complete this batch. I know, it's a bit early, but these can be stored for quite some time, plus I think I will need way more this year and I'm not sure when I will have time again. So at least 8kg are safe...

I do however wonder what temperatures my oven is running at usually. Once I checked with the infrared toy it read almost 190C, while when I took the photo it was a mere 140C. Need to watch that...



11 comments:

Ilona Fichtner said...

Da warst du aber schnell, im ersten Augenblick dachte es wäre ein Foto vom vorigen Jahr. Aber es gibt schnellere. Gestern sah ich " Dinner for one" auf hessisch.

Hilbersdorfer Museumseisenbahner said...

Das sieht wieder sehr gut aus 😋

Olaf Fichtner said...

Hilbersdorfer Museumseisenbahner erst mal sehen, was "die Kundschaft" dazu sagt, viele Leute hier mögen kein Zimt und beschweren sich oft, dass ich zuviel benutzt habe.

Olaf Fichtner said...

Ilona Fichtner ja, früher habe ich für 8kg ein ganzes Wochenende gebraucht. Man spielt sich ein...

Hilbersdorfer Museumseisenbahner said...

Olaf Fichtner
Zimt gehört rein. Da müssen sie sich daran gewöhnen 😉

Ricky Graham said...

The aroma!

Olaf Fichtner said...

Ricky Graham yeah, the house smells like Christmas today...

Dave Sutton said...

Come on then. Share them out.

Olaf Fichtner said...

Dave Sutton if you give me snail mail coordinates...

Ralph Stoever said...

Hallo Olaf! Wohin geht's nach dem Ende von G+?

Olaf Fichtner said...

Ralph Stoever bin noch nicht sicher. Ich habe erstmal provisorisch einen Account bei Pluspora angelegt, weil das einige andere Leute erwähnt haben. Muss mir das mal anschauen. Ich werde wohl einfach einen Post an mein Profil pinnen mit meinen Umzugsdaten, sobald ich irgendwo was gefunden habe.