2017-07-26

Sourdough bread - getting there

Sourdough bread - getting there

A new start and a new starter - and this time I tried to avoid previous mistakes. In the past I didn't pay much attention to the relative amounts of water and flour, but now I strictly kept it 1:1 by weight. I also didn't add any sugar or honey this time, and after the predicted five days the starter lived.

It can not be seen very clearly, but there are almost no visible bubbles, the whole starter is some kind of foam now, which also results in a nicely even distribution of bubbles in the bread.

So, I guess I don't need to "cheat" (add dry yeast) anymore. And now excuse me, I need to "deal" with some bread.

Nom, nom, nom...


6 comments:

JAnnabelle said...

Nice bread! I've been working on my starter for last 2 wks, ready to bake bread soon

Olaf Fichtner said...

Jen & Annabelle go for it!

Hilbersdorfer Museumseisenbahner said...

Das scheint perfekt gelungen zu sein. 😋👍✌️

Olaf Fichtner said...

Hilbersdorfer Museumseisenbahner perfekt noch nicht, aber wesentlich besser als vorher.

Hilbersdorfer Museumseisenbahner said...

Olaf Fichtner
Es sieht auf alle Fälle gut und lecker aus.

Olaf Fichtner said...

Hilbersdorfer Museumseisenbahner das ist es!