2017-07-06

Third time's a charm: I tried some decorative food again, this time flowers that I'd seen in a YouTube video.

Third time's a charm: I tried some decorative food again, this time flowers that I'd seen in a YouTube video.

You need what in English is called a frankfurter sausage, slice it into halves lengthwise, then make cuts on the outside, about the half width.

Connect the ends with a toothpick, put it in a flat pan and add an egg yolk in the middle. Pierce the yolk, so that it covers the whole enclosed space.

If you want to simulate flowers you will also need something green, I only did a rough demo for that, usually it should be something that was cooked.

Why third time? The first time I added the whole egg. The second time I forgot to pierce the egg yolk. Now it should be OK.

Sorry, my kitchen doesn't have much light.




4 comments:

JAnnabelle said...

Clever

cobalt please said...

Oh this makes me smile!

Olaf Fichtner said...

Jen & Annabelle it's actually pretty simple, but one has to know it first...

John R said...

Nice! I think I'll make these too.