2018-03-21

About a week ago I finally got to see La La Land.


About a week ago I finally got to see La La Land. Not in a cinema though, in a stadium in Tainan. And it wasn't simply the film, it was "La La Land live in concert".

That means there was a stage with the musicians who recorded the original soundtrack for the film, as well as a national orchestra and choir. And they did what I only knew from the silent film era: They accompanied the film by playing the music live.

That was a pretty amazing experience, the only drawback being that our night temperatures are currently way lower than the day temperatures, because I wasn't dressed for sitting outside at night. But it was still great and the film way better than I had imagined.

4 comments:

John Bump said...

That's really cool. I've never gotten to see a live film.

Hilbersdorfer Museumseisenbahner said...

Kling gut!

Olaf Fichtner said...

John Bump was a first for me too, I hadn't known this existed.

Olaf Fichtner said...

Hilbersdorfer Museumseisenbahner oh ja, die musikalische Untermalung war recht kräftig.