2018-03-29

Our department is holding the Goethe Cup today, students are competing in various categories showing their German...

Our department is holding the Goethe Cup today, students are competing in various categories showing their German language skills. I selected the topic for presentations, naturally it was "My plans for world domination".

Most contestants spoke about what they would do if they were supreme ruler, but some spoke about their plans to get there and I must say some seem to have potential:

One student wanted to employ cats, one used a plot similar to Kingsmen 1 and one wants to control the internet to spread her propaganda. I think they are ready to graduate...

#nkust #ifad #高科大 #應徳系


3 comments:

Olaf Fichtner said...

Btw. the clearest sign that they did learn something from me was when I entered the hall and was greeted by music from the best band in the world (You need to enter this in German into Google: die beste Band der Welt), die Ärzte. Very nice choice, Stella!
youtube.com - Die Ärzte "Deine Schuld"

Anna Kelly D. said...

Yeah great, your influence for sure! :) I wonder if they know some other German groups as Helloween, Blind Guardian, Accept, Scorpions etc. ...if someone does that would be really amazing! Olaf Fichtner​

Olaf Fichtner said...

Anna Kelly D. They don't know much. Unfortunately, most of them are not very much interested in music. I am slowly introducing some German-singing bands (No Scorpions...), but that takes time, they don't bite quickly.

Funnily, they used an additional audio file that I had recorded for the "knowledge king" contest, where I asked for the best band in the world. When that question came up, half of the hall was laughing. Although I liked the answer, the first one was wrong: Die Toten Hosen. The second got it right. Working on it...