2018-03-04

Through an article where someone spoke about daily customs of a Taiwanese friend I accidentally found out that we...


Through an article where someone spoke about daily customs of a Taiwanese friend I accidentally found out that we now have stainless steel drinking straws, so I got myself a set. Beverage stores/stalls are very popular in Taiwan, which is not surprising considering that half the island is tropical and the other half at least sub, so something like this can avoid a lot of garbage.

The thick straw on the left is for pearl milk tea and similar teas and the set even comes with cleaning brushes. Time for field testing...

3 comments:

Carsten Raddatz said...

Bright idea! So just like you may bring your personal set of chopsticks to a restaurant, drink the next nightmarket 西瓜汁 or 珍珠奶茶 from these! So, how much and where did you get these?

Olaf Fichtner said...

Carsten Raddatz PChome, several sets available, I think mine was 215? Disadvantage: the base (at least with mine) is flat, not at an angle. But it's OK.

Olaf Fichtner said...

Boris Lewandowski weird, isn't it? Almost as if someone thought this through. Yes, I love having those brushes...