2018-05-10

I'm not sure if this works better in Win10 now, but I have some doubt.

I'm not sure if this works better in Win10 now, but I have some doubt. There is a computer in my office, running Windows 7. My predecessor in this office didn't speak (and even less read) Chinese, so the university managed somehow to get a Traditional Chinese Windows converted to German.

That conversion is however far from perfect and a real pain compared with any Unix/Linux/OS X machine. There are still spots where Chinese shows up and when I installed a new version of LibreOffice, the installer chose Traditional Chinese for the installation.

This is now so messed up that the offline tax software that I tried to install is all gibberish during installation and apparently does not even install correctly - another great side effect.

No comments: