2018-12-17

The rest of the semester will finally be a little more relaxed: The graduation theatre is over, so I won't go to...

The rest of the semester will finally be a little more relaxed: The graduation theatre is over, so I won't go to evening practices anymore. Unfortunately, it seems some timing wasn't ideal, none of the invited German/Austrian/Swiss VIPs could come to see the performance, so students even tricked me into saying a few words on the stage.

I was quite impressed by the stage decorations and accessories. I had seen our students working on those since summer, but the final result was stunning. Everything you see was made at very low cost, but to very high standards and with great attention to detail. There was for example even a photo of the family in the living room. They all invested a lot of effort in this. In a behind-the-scenes video they all answered the same when asked what they will do after the performance: Go sleeping, possibly for 24 hours.

The play was based on E. T. A. Hoffmann's Nutcracker, with some modifications, written by the students themselves. I was mainly helping with language issues and showed students that their phones and tablets are much better replacements for paper when it comes to dealing with the script. Welcome to 2018...

Our student council used the opportunity to sell some German Christmas goodies, Stollen and gingerbread. As tutoring teacher I got the obligatory flowers (Which I'd prefer not to get, but...) and something rather unexpected: Not the Spanish Inquisition, a Totoro! In some ways I must be quite transparent... Now I'm curious who had the idea with the Totoro and when the video will be online...

#nkust #ifad #高科大 #應德系






2 comments:

張庭禎 said...

Sandra und Kristina haben die Idee. Aber der Totoro ist von mir keke. Bitte kümmern Sie sich gut darum.

Olaf Fichtner said...

張庭禎 aber sicher. Danke!