2017-10-12

This is the first sourdough bread completely made in the department kitchen.


This is the first sourdough bread completely made in the department kitchen. Students, faculty and secretaries had all been curious if we could make this here instead of me preparing the dough at home and only baking it here. Well, next week I'll probably have to show the process to a few people.

As expensive as the oven here must have been, I don't really like it. It's a Bosch hot air oven. It gets hot very quick, but I just can't get it to make a nice brown crust. Still need to work on that...

For the colour: This is our plain wheat flour that is used everywhere in Taiwan, maybe next time I'll use whole wheat.

#nkfust #ifad #高科大 #應徳系

8 comments:

Bob Lai said...

blog.kingarthurflour.com - How to make crusty bread - Flourish - King Arthur Flour

Satyr Icon said...

Olaf Fichtner there appears to be not enough meat in your recipe. Add moare meat!

Olaf Fichtner said...

Bob Lai oh I have no problem with crusts in my own oven, the problem is with the department oven. I guess I just haven't warmed up with it yet...

Olaf Fichtner said...

Satyr Icon I have done something like that before, wrapping meat in bread dough and then baking it. Yes, I probably should do it again...

Satyr Icon said...

Olaf Fichtner I've been on a pescatarian diet, and I now seem to eat less. Or feel full both in the moanings and at nigh.

Olaf Fichtner said...

Satyr Icon I wonder if those are typos or your subconscience is trying to get a message through... 😆

Anne S.-F. said...

Looks like "Rührkuchen"
made with 5 yolks

Olaf Fichtner said...

Anne S.-F. hahaha, I try to blame it on our flour. Next week I'll try whole wheat...