2018-09-24

Fulfilling clichés


Fulfilling clichés

"Hey, don't you Germans hold a pretzel in one hand and a sausage in the other when you eat?"
"Why, yes, of course! Must have forgotten that, sorry."

The department is preparing for the October Fest and I found out that I was assigned as supporting teacher for the pretzel team. I find this quite entertaining, considering these things come from Germany's South and I seem to be the only person at the department who did not study at a southern university.

Anyway, I had to do something to avoid disappointing my student team, so I practiced. I found that you can indeed use baking soda as an adequate replacement for the original lye. I still need to tune the process a little and my swing needs improvement too, but: October Fest, here I come!

8 comments:

Maya Rave said...

Keep practicing! Jiayou!

Ilona Fichtner said...

Übung macht den Meister :-)

John Lewis said...

How, if you have a pretzel in one hand and beer in the other hand, do you hold your beer?

Olaf Fichtner said...

John Lewis I have indeed been waiting for that question. I have no idea, but then I'm probably not a real German, because I don't drink beer... (or any alcohol)

Olaf Fichtner said...

Maya Rave thanks, I will!

Olaf Fichtner said...

Ilona Fichtner ja, noch ein paar Mal...

fil smyth said...

🌭😎🍺➰👍

There's a reason for handles on beer mugs (and steins). And a reason for pretzels to be in knots. No problem.

Olaf Fichtner said...

fil smyth hahaha!