2018-09-07

Hahaha!


Hahaha! During summer vacation I cleaned and reorganized the department kitchen. During that process I encountered numerous items nobody thought were still there, among others a few bottles of alcohol (wine etc), which I all put into one place. I also wrote the new content of a space on a post it, in German.

Later students created official labels in German and Chinese - except for two places, the one holding alcohol being one. Unfortunately, our students don't have the custom of asking when they don't understand, only few do. I hadn't written "Alcohol" on the note, I wrote what you see in the photo, which translates to "Paramedic in the emergency (parachute, lifeboat)".

Weird, isn't it? Germans may by now understand what I did: These are lines from the song "Alkohol" by Herbert Groenemeyer. "Alcohol is your paramedic in the emergency, alcohol is your parachute and your lifeboat". (Yes, it's about alcoholism.)

At least the department secretary asked what that means, I wonder how long it will take students...

https://youtu.be/0KO-EOD7tT8

No comments: